In this article, we take you through the step-by-step process of restoring a MAG 322 set-top box back to it’s factory default settings.
Before proceeding, it highly recommended that your box is easily accessible as the main reset button can be found on the rear panel.
The reset button is quite small, so if you have no nails on your fingers, you may find it easier if you use a paper clip with one of the ends bent outwards to aid pressing and holding the button.
You will also need to have the box plugged in, powered up and connected to your TV whilst switched on.
Lastly, make sure you have your remote to hand as this is required to configure the box after the reset has completed.
MAG 322 Factory Reset
1. Firstly, ensure your MAG box is powered up and fully booted.
2. Now, if your MAG box has an ethernet cable connected, remove from the back.
3. Then, remove the power cable from the back of the box and then after 2-3 seconds reinsert the power
4. Now, immediately press and hold the reset button found at the rear of the box. DO NOT let go of the reset button.
5. Now, keep pressing the button even whilst you see the Infomir logo on your TV screen and observe the white light on the front of the box.
6. The white light should initially start to blink. When this occurs, keep the reset button pressed. Don’t let go.
7. When the light starts flashing faster, let go of the reset button and then immediately press and hold it again.
8. Keep pressing until the screen goes blue. Then you can let go.
9. Now wait for the MAG box to start the factory reset process. This will involve seeing a blue screen followed by a blank black screen. This may take a couple of minutes, so please be patient…
10. Once the factory reset has completed, you should enter the inner portal screen showing several icons on a dark background.
You have now factory reset your box. Next, you need to configure your box to receive your desired IPTV service.
Configure Time Server
11. From the home screen, use your remote to highlight “Settings” and then press OK.
12. On the next screen, highlight “System Settings” and press OK.
13. Next, go to “Servers” and then press OK.
14. Then highlight “General” and press the OK button on your remote.
15. On this screen, enter the following into the NTP server text field: pool.ntp.org
Press on KB (Keyboard) button on your remote to activate the on-screen keyboard and type this in.
Use the arrow keys on your remote to locate the correct keys and then press the OK button to select each letter or character one-by-one.
When completed, press the KB (Keyboard) button again to close the on-screen keyboard.
Then finally, press the OK button on your remote to save the time server setting.
16. Now, press the EXIT button twice on your remote to go back to the “System Settings” screen.
Add Your IPTV Service
17. From the System Settings screen, highlight “Servers” and press OK using your remote.
18. Now highlight “Portals” and press OK
19. On the next screen, highlight the “Portal 1 URL” text field and then press the KB (Keyboard) button on your remote to activate the on-screen keyboard.
Then use your remote to enter the URL supplied by your IPTV provider
Note: The URL will be something like iptvproviderdomain.com for example.
Once entered, press the KB (Keyboard) button once again to close the on-screen keyboard. Then press OK on your remote to save changes.
20. Now press the EXIT button on your remote to return to the System Settings screen.
Configure Wi-Fi Network
21. If your MAG box uses a WiFi connection to log onto your home network, you need to set this up next. If your MAG box uses an ethernet connection, reinsert the ethernet cable at the back of the box and skip to Step 27.
22. From the “System Settings” screen, highlight “Network” using your remote and press OK.
23. Next, highlight Wireless (Wi-Fi) and press OK using your remote.
24. Now highlight “Auto (DHCP)” and press OK on your remote.
25. On the next screen, you will see available WiFi networks. Highlight the correct network you wish to use and press OK.
26. Now using your remote, highlight the “Key or passphrase” text field, then press the KB (Keyboard) button to activate the on-screen keyboard. Then use your remote to enter your WiFi network password, paying close attention to correct cases and special characters.
Once entered, press the KB (Keyboard) button once again to close the on-screen keyboard. Then press OK on your remote to save your password settings.
You should see an on-screen confirmation message saying your settings were “Successfully saved”.
27. Your box is now fully configured. So finally, highlight “Reboot device” and press OK using your remote. Press OK once again to confirm. The box will now restart.
28. If configured correctly, your MAG box should fully boot and load your IPTV service.
In some instances, some MAG boxes will not fully factory reset due to custom firmware having been loaded onto the box by the previous owner.
This occurs because the software loaded was unofficial customised firmware and has been designed to prevent factory resets.
If this is the case, you will instead need to reload a completely fresh copy of the official Infomir firmware for your model of MAG set top box or replace your box.
Watch the Video Tutorial
Want to see a step-by-step walk-through video? Then sit back and watch how to factory reset your MAG box from our YouTube channel.
You can also download our PDF Help Sheet for step-by-step instructions you can save and print.